What are the main ways of configuring Prometheus?
- Using a YAML-based configuration file for values that are reloadable during runtime.
- Using environment variables.
- Using flag-based settings for simple settings that can only be set at startup.
Using a TOML-based configuration file for values that are reloadable during runtime.
What is true about the Graph view and Table view in the expression browser?
- The Graph view graphs a PromQL expression over time.
- The Table view allows you to issue system commands and insert metrics.
- The Table view allows you to view the output of a PromQL expression at one point in time.
The Graph view can only show raw time series data over time and does not support PromQL expressions.
How can you tell that Prometheus is scraping a target correctly?
- Prometheus logs every successful or failed scrape.
- Prometheus shows a target as
- Prometheus records a successful scrape by setting the synthetic
upmetric for the target to
All of the above.